- 250gms cauliflower, grated (I used store bought cauliflower “rice”)
- 250gms mushrooms (I used mix of white and cremini), sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 60gms baby spinach
- 1stalk of spring onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and sliced
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- 300gms pasta sauce (I used Jamie Oliver’s Tomato & Chilli one)
- 75-100gms cheddar or tasty cheese, grated
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 180C
- Heat 1tbspn of oil in a pan. Saute garlic till golden, add mushrooms and stir fry till cooked but still chewy. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan. Add grated cauliflower, spring onions and red pepper and stir fry for 3-4 mins till cooked but still crunchy. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Add spinach to the pan and let the heat wilt it a little and transfer to the dish.
- Add pasta sauce, adjust seasoning and stir through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and add cracked pepper.
- Bake for 10mins till the cheese is melted. Change setting to grill, turn up the temperature to 200C and grill till cheese is golden.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Feel free to experiment with the veggies, the ones I used give out a lot of water so keep that in mind.
- Stir through some cooked pasta along with the sauce to make it more filling. Or serve the dish with some fresh sourdough bread to soak up the yummy sauce.
- For a vegan option, use cashew cheese instead.