- 200g Chicken with bone (Cut into 3cm squares)
- 4cm Piece of Ginger (around 100gms), cut into fine julienne
- 10 Clove of Garlic, finely chopped,
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of Fish Sauce
- 3 Teaspoon of Chicken Powder/Stock
- 3 Teaspoon of Sugar
- Pinch of Ground Pepper
- 2 green chillies, chopped (optional)
- 4 sprigs of Spring Onion, chopped
- 1tbspn sunflower oil
- Caramelize sugar in water until brown.
- Marinade chicken with fish sauce, caramelized sugar sauce, chicken stock, green chillies and pepper. Set aside for 30mins.
- Heat oil, on medium heat, in a pan. Saute garlic and onion until brown. Keep stirring as not to burn garlic.
- Add chicken mixture to pot and stir fry for around 10 minutes.
- Add 100ml water to the bowl with marinade, stir to gather remaining marinade and add to the pot.
- Cover and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add julienned ginger and cook till raw taste of ginger is gone and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve with rice