So this one is a slight twist on the Spanish Tortilla but it is nowhere near as heavy and does not use that much oil and is much quicker to prepare. Great when you need a protein and carb fix!
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 medium potato, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4tspn salt
- pinch of course black pepper
- 1.5tbpsn oil
- Heat 1tbspn oil, on low to medium heat, in a frying pan.
- Add sliced potatoes, cover and let cook till potatoes are partially cooked, say 5-10mins.
- Add sliced onions, stir and cover for another 5 minutes, till potatoes are cooked.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper, add the potato and onion mixture to this bowl and give it another quick whisk.
- Add .5tbpsn to the same pan, add the egg mixture. Cook uncovered on low heat for 5 minutes, cover and cook till eggs are set. (If the bottom is cooking too quick, flip the omelette once and cook till the other side is cooked through)
- Serve hot with a side salad.