This is a very easy recipe with a delicious end result. Perfect for a mid week meal on a cold cold day!
- 1 large leek (dark green part removed), cut into half and then sliced.
- 750gms potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 100gms crème fraiche
- 1.5 cubes of chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbspn butter
- 1 tspn oil
- Heat oil and butter in a pot.
- When heated, add leek, potatoes and onion. Fry for 10 minutes on medium heat. Add black pepper.
- Add stock to 500ml of hot water and add to the pot of veggies. Cook till potatoes are cooked, another 15-20mins.
- When veggies are cooked, blend till smooth, in batches if needed.
- Add blended soup back to the pot, adjust seasoning, add more water if needed.
- Whisk the crème fraiche with some soup in a separate bowl. Add to the soup, 2tbspn at a time, tasting all the time to ensure the right amount of creaminess.
- Heat through. Enjoy with warm crusty bread.