Call me weird but I absolutely LOVE porridge. There’s nothing better on a cold day than to wake up to a bowl of warm & creamy porridge. In fact, while traveling to USA and Canada, I’ve left a trail of Oats and Almond Milk in my wake.
I go through phases of ‘fruit preference’ and I was on banana while writing this recipe, hence that’s what I’ve used here. I also love the extra texture & crunch that pistachios provide. You can use any nut of your preference.
- 1/2cup jumbo rolled oats (not the quick cooks ones)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 10 pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2cup almond milk (or any milk of your preference)
- 1/2cup water
- Bring milk, water,rolled oats and banana to a boil in a pot.
- Turn the heat down so the milk just simmers.
- Add cinnamon and cook oats for 4-5mins, stirring continuously (Stirring oats regularly makes it nice and creamy)
- Transfer cooked oats to a bowl and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Enjoy the creamy and crunchy porridge!!
- If you want sweeter porridge, add brown sugar in step 1. For a healthier option, add 1 chopped date or 1 chopped dried fig instead of sugar.
- Add apple or pear instead of banana.
- Throw in a few berries on the top for a more colourful and healthier breakfast!