I love making stir fry during the week. They are dead easy and really quick to make, it has a good dose of veggies and taste delicious! You can make this dish with any meat you like or leave out the meat completely, I have used prawns here.
I learned the trick of adding curry powder to stir fry from a friend and it sure is a good way to add flavour without too much effort.
- 350gms raw king prawns
- 3cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 125gms mange tout
- 125 baby corn
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1tspn curry powder
- 1tbspn oyster sauce
- 1tspn dark soy sauce
- 1tbspn light soy sauce
- 2tbspn sunflower oil
- 300gms fresh egg noodles
- salt to taste
- Heat half the oil in a large wok. Add half the ginger, garlic and chillies and stir fry for 30seconds.
- Throw in the raw prawns and immediately add half the curry powder. When prawns are cooked through, set aside in a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in the same wok. Add rest of ginger, garlic and chillies and fry for 30secs.
- Add the onions, mange tout, baby corn, remaining curry powder and a pinch of salt and fry till veggies are cooked but still crunchy.
- Add the fresh noodles, cooked prawns, dark and light soy sauces and oyster sauce.
- Fry till noodles are cooked and serve hot!