The honey gives the oats a rich golden colour and a delicious crunch. Eaten with greek yoghurt, this is a real treat!
- 150gms jumbo rolled oats (approx 2 cups)
- 1 tbspn sunflower oil
- 3 tbspn pure honey
- 1tspn vanilla essence
- 25gms pumpkin seeds
- 25gms sunflower seeds
- 50gms almonds
- 50gms pecan nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 130degrees C
- Mix all the ingredients and place on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Place the tray in the center of the oven for 15mins. Stir through. Bake for another 15mins.
- Let the granola cool before placing in an air tight container.
- I love pecan nuts and almonds but this will taste equally good with brazil nuts or hazel nuts.
- Add raisins or chopped dates to granola once cooled.
- Maple syrup can also be used instead of honey.